Making the choice of which channels you are going to
use is not simple. Before deciding which communication channel you
are going to use, you need to identify your target group and do some research on
how they use and obtain information. It is important that you consider the
complexity of the message that you want to communicate, calculate the cost of
communicating and decide whether you want to be interactive with your
There are so many different internal communication
channels to choose from in today’s globalized and high-tech workplace, and each
channel comes with its pros and cons. No two channels were created equal; you
have to choose wisely depending on your message content, audience, severity,
• How big is your reach?
Nowadays for a lot of social media platforms, there are different tools, that show you how many people actually saw the content that you have uploaded.
A few examples are:
• For the views of your website, you can use Google Analytics. With Google Analytics you can see how many people looked at your website.
• For video views, YouTube counts how many people have watched your videos.
• Facebook views, On Facebook you can see how many people liked your page, but Facebook also provides a metrics that shows you how many people have looked at the page of your organization.
• Email Opens, There are tools that you can use for email that can tell you roughly how many people opened the email that you have sent.
• How many followers do you have?
Many companies encourage people to sign up, so they can communicate with them in an ongoing way.
A few examples are
• Email Newsletter subscribers, How many people are on your list to receive email?
• Twitter Followers, when you decide to use Twitter, it is easy to see how many people are following you.
• Facebook Fans, It is similar to twitter, it is easy to see how many people liked your page, by liking the page they are following you.
There are also other channels you can use like video messages, social media, public address systems, voicemail, text messages, and web casts to name a few.
Scopri la nostra repository sul know-how artigianale di “CRAFTpedia” in cui sono raccolte informazioni sul commercio e tecniche artigianali.